Who can accompany you to Beijing?

Foreign spouses and children under 18 years age of international students, parents or overseas guardians of international students under the age of 18 can apply for valid L visas with a validity period of six months or one year of zero, once, twice or multiple entries. The application times are not limited, but the valid term of the visa being applied for shall not exceed the valid term of the international student's visa or that of the residence permit.

In general, only after an international student has gone through all the formalities in accordance with the requirements in this section, visa for the person that will accompany the international student to study can be handled.

What people have to buy insurance?

According to the regulations, an international student who studies in China for more than 180 days must purchase Chinese domestic insurance.

Which is a better choice for me to live?

The colleges and universities in Beijing generally provide international students apartments on campus of different grades for you to rent. However, if there are too many international students and the dormitories are not sufficient or you get used to living out of the campus, you can rent an apartment out of the university. The advantages of living on campus are as follows: it is near and convenient for dining, taking classes and doing exercises; the advantages of living out of university are that there is bigger degree of freedom, and you can freely choose room grade, work and rest and entertainment.
If you want to rent an apartment out of the university, after going through renting formalities, you should conduct a foreigner temporary accommodation registration in the district public security bureau or police station where your accommodation is located with your passport or residence certificate and the residence booklet of the apartment owner within 24 hours. And notify the international student management department of the university.
Tips:Please pay attention to the reference prices from the airport to various universities listed in the section of university introduction. When taking a taxi, if you find there is a serious error on price, please keep the invoice away for complaint investigation.

After getting to Beijing, if I can't find the university, what can I do?

To prevent such things from happening, please consult the university that you are going to study in for its specific location and the best route from the Capital Airport to the university.

You can also reserve a pick-up at the airport with the university. Some universities have school buses specializing in pick-up at the airport during the period of university enrollment of a new semester. For information related to Beijing Capital Airport, please visit the Web of Beijing Capital International Airport (http://www.bcia. or call the Capital Airport Inquiry in English and Chinese (8610-64541111).

If you are not sure, please consult the airport staff for the most appropriate route with your Acceptance Notice after arriving in China. From the airport to the university, you can choose convenient and fast taxi, or take an airport shuttle bus to the downtown. There are many airport shuttle bus routes.

What do I need to bring to Beijing?

Things that have to bring: passport-size photos and copies of passport as many as possible because they will be used when going though a series of formalities after entering into China.

Passport, Admission Notice, transcript, physical examination records, JW201 Form or JW202

Form, certificate of the highest level of education, recommendation letters of professor and other important documents.

Underwear and some clothes.

Tuition fees.

Things that don't have to bring: computer, cell phone and other digital products and home appliances. If you want to bring some appliances, please note that voltage in Beijing is 220 volts. Daily necessities and food.

Who are required for a physical examination?

The international students with X visa should receive a physical examination after enrollment, and obtain a Health certificate issued by Beijing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.

Within 6 months before coming to Beijing, if you have already taken a physical examination in your country, a verification and review shall be taken. All the original copies of the physical examination reports and laboratory sheets shall be submitted to Haidian Out-patient Department, Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center for review. Those that have passed the review don't need physical examination again. A certificate issued by a private medical institution is only valid after notarization, and if it passed the verification, the physical examination shall be exempted.

An international student who hasn't obtained such verification certificate can't apply for Residence Permit.

Useful Information:
Haidian Out-patient Department, Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center
Add: 10 Dezheng Road, Haidian District
Tel: 8610-82403675